Tuesday, January 1, 2013

~A New Year~

  Well I am starting the new year off right, I told myself this year I will start back with Kaylee's blog...  It's time for a fresh new start to this new year! 

   Kaylee will be having her first surgery February 13th so alittle over month I have to perpare!  Lets just say I'm not ready!!  We have put this surgery off for to long and now the time has come.  Lots of stuff to learn about this surgery it's not an easy one, this one surgery alone will last 6 or more hours.  There are special car seats to buy and I'm sure alot of special stuff we will need for her at home. I have alot to learn I was reading of blood tranfusions and painful muscle spasms, scary when I think about it!  But never less it must be done for Kaylee's well being so there is no turning back now.


  Some info on the surgery this surgery is called the super hip and super knee surgery.  Dr. Paley her lengthening doctor will have to perform this surgery first in order to stabilize her hip and knee so it will be ready for the lengthening surgeries.  We will be staying in West Palm Beach for alittle over a week then reture home for 6 weeks with her in a lower body cast.  Hopefully we can keep her satisified and still for 6 weeks...  For a 2 1/2 year old I realize this will be very hard!!  Then after 6 weeks of healing time we will return to West Palm Beach to have her cast removed.

  At this point I am just ready for her to have the surgery and be back in my arms.  It seems for me this time before the surgery has been the worst just all the worring and looking at her so happy now and knowing soon she will be in pain and in a cast for so long not being able to move, ugh...  There is light and hope for all this, after she will be moving around so much better and she will gain a whole inch in length!!  We are always thankful for what the Lord has done and no matter what he will get us all through this and make Kaylee and her family much stronger from it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment